August 23, 2019
Time from order submission to the HTA Agency by the Minister of Health to reimbursement
- Ikar Pro constantly and precisely monitors the duration of reimbursement processes in Poland.
- The median time from order submission to the HTA Agency by MoH to reimbursement was 359 days (~12,0 months) for drugs qualified over the last three years (January 2017 to July 2019)*. For drug programmes, the time was even longer – median of 398 days (~13,3 months)
* Data for all lists (A,B,C)
- For all drugs, a maximum of 30 days should be added to assess formal and legal requirements. For drug programmes, further addition of a maximum of 60 days to agree on drug programme content is required. Assuming the maximum time for formal and legal evaluation and time for determining the drug programme content, the average time for the reimbursement process in Poland is 564 days for drug programmes (18,8 months).
- Below is presented the median time between order submission to the HTA Agency by MoH and date of reimbursement by ATC code. For drugs classified as R – Respiratory system, B – Blood and blood forming organs or L – Antineoplastic and immunomodulating agents, the median time to reimbursement was over a year from the moment of order submission to the HTA Agency by MoH.
- Methods: analysis includes the time between order submission to the HTA Agency by MoH and date of reimbursement (art. 35 paragraph 1 of the Reimbursement Act). New substances and new indications for already reimbursed drugs added to the reimbursement list between January 2017 and July 2019 were analyzed.